PC Hardware and SoftwareI'm getting a new PC.

Build a PC, Gloat about your Dual Titans and laugh at the AMD fanbois
SlowRide
Chatty
Chatty
Planetside 2 Character Name: SlowRide

I'm getting a new PC.

Postby SlowRide » November 28th, 2016, 9:10 am

OK lads, as the title says i am getting a new PC so i will be posting my current PC specs then the new one.\n\nOld PC\nCPU:amd phenom x4\nPSU:450W Some **** brand i never heard of, freckin luck my PC didnt blow up.\nGPU:nvidya gtx 650ti boost.\nRAM:Vengeance corsair 2x2GB 2x4GB ddr3 12GB in total\nHDD:500gb dont know the brand.\nCPU cooler:cooler master dont know the model.\nMotherboard:Some other unknown brand.\n\nThis pc was built back 2011 it was good for most games but it started to show its age well into 2013 it cant run star citizen abowe 15fps as it cant run above 20fps in 92+ battles in planetside 2 but i still love this **** pc and I'm somewhat sad i'm not gonna use it anymore, it got me through some hard times in my life and i really am greatful for it.\n\nAnyways here is the new build mind you that all the parts will arrive in 3 days from today.\n\nCPU: i5 6600k\nCPU cooler: cryorig H5 universal.\nMotherboard: ASUS Z170-A ATX\nMemory: Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 2x8GB 2666Hz\nSSD: Sandisk plus 240GB\nHDD: Seagate barracuda 1TB 7200RPM\nGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GT OC\nPower Supply Unit: eVGA sUPERNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold.\nCase:Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black.\n\nAnd that's it lads, cant wait to play SC with this baby.\nAlso if anybody wants to help me out with assembly, yell out since its my first time building a PC.\n\n\n\nSent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50LC using Tapatalk
FrankyHOE
Over Opinionated
Over Opinionated
Planetside 2 Character Name: FrankyHOE

Re: I'm getting a new PC.

Postby FrankyHOE » November 28th, 2016, 1:31 pm

Hey Slow,\n\nnice Setup, but to buy a new PC for SC is a bit too early!\nAnd this 1060? Forget it, to get a nice Performance in StarCitizen you´ll will Need an 1070 or higher!\nJust wait 2 more month for the release of AMD´s VEGA, the Prices will get down similar as in past of the AMD´s 480er release ;)
SlowRide
Chatty
Chatty

Postby SlowRide » November 28th, 2016, 2:27 pm

Thanks franky but here's the thing the prices for gtx 1070 and 1080 are just way overpriced in my country and then include the 25%VAT and one gtx 1070 costs me my entire monthly wage, i had to spend around 1250 euros on my pc which is around 2 months of my pay, keep in mind that i live in a 3rd/2nd world ****.\nAlso i dont really have a good experience with amd cards(2 AMD cards i owned died on me even thought the temps where ok and never even OCd while nvidya cards never crapped out on me. Also i checked some SC benchmarks with gtx 1060 and SC has averave of 60 fps in arena commander and 35-50 in arccorp. Also by the time the SC comes out the new nvidya cards will probably be already out .\n\nSent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50LC using Tapatalk
FrankyHOE
Over Opinionated
Over Opinionated

Postby FrankyHOE » November 28th, 2016, 2:40 pm

Of Course, the nvidia cards a way to expensive.\nBut get in mind, AMD will release VEGA soon, and this Card will be a competitor of the 1070/1080 and you will see surely a massive Price reduction, if the VEGA will get a higher Performance than the 1080!\nSo if you stay with Nvidia, you´ll just need to wait 2 month more, take the 650ti during this time and buy the GPU when AMD Vega is released!\n\nJust remember the Price-reduction of the 970´s, when the 480X release!
SlowRide
Chatty
Chatty

Postby SlowRide » November 28th, 2016, 2:47 pm

Franky that is a very smart and great idea unfortunately for me im a dumb **** that cant wait to play fallout 4,Doom,SC and planetmans anymore so i have to do etttttt.\n\nSent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50LC using Tapatalk
FrankyHOE
Over Opinionated
Over Opinionated

Postby FrankyHOE » November 28th, 2016, 5:08 pm

Then DO IT :D
hempnight79
Too much to say
Too much to say
Planetside 2 Character Name: hempnight79

Postby hempnight79 » November 30th, 2016, 12:02 pm

Hey Slow.\n\nYou say prices for some parts is expensive in your country? Do you have any family in a diff part of the world? If yes see about buying the part in that country and having posted to you as a "gift" its helps dodge VAt too at times :). I do it with my Aunt in the states all the time. Saves me a small fortune lol
SlowRide
Chatty
Chatty

Postby SlowRide » November 30th, 2016, 12:06 pm

I do have family in switzerland and austria but they really frown on buying PC parts like all slavs do so i cant really ask them.\n\nPoslano sa mog SM-G386F koristeći Tapatalk

Return to “PC Hardware and Software”