The CommunityPowerpuffters signing off

General Community Chat
powerpuffters
Over Opinionated
Over Opinionated
Planetside 2 Character Name: Powerpuffters

Powerpuffters signing off

Postby powerpuffters » September 16th, 2017, 11:47 am

Hello to you all. I sincerely hope that this message is reaching you well. I don’t know if many people will return back here to our once glorious community to read this post but at least, for me- it will provide some closure.

Today I decided to visit the community that I spent years building from the ground up one final time to say a fond farewell.
I was here since the beginning. I remember the first Jesters that joined our teamspeak. I remember the hundreds of members that we had online, the impact we made across a number of games. I remember the people I met in real life sitting behind the keyboard and the long lasting friendships that I made.
I also feel that I have been here until the end. The truth is that my life has moved on and I now spend a significant amount of time with my career, family and friends. I have focused on my fitness and have lost over 100 pounds in the process!

Following our demise, the few remnants of our community moved to hydra teamspeam or to another community in Blackdessert and other games. Whoever you are, if you are reading this you are a part of our history- even if you were not officially a part of our community.

But like every glorious empire…. it must come to an end. Right now we are 4 months away from our final date when a payment is due to keep the servers for this community running. I can tell you that there is no money remaining in the jesters fund to make this payment and I have no intention of fundraising. I don’t know if lucky or other leaders are still online in teamspeak or discord or hydra. Maybe they have a plan, but I I haven’t spoken to anyone for 6 months.

Either way, my involvement with the jesters and gaming in general has come to an end. I game perhaps 1-2 hours a month at most now. I genuinely hope you are all doing well. I founded this community in my uni days and we had a lot of jesters who were studying or just starting out in their careers. I hope they are doing well.

Shoutout to one of the closest friends I have made in this community, kheebab- who I maintain occasional contact with. I hope you are well brother.
Obviously to Hempknight, Magicmushroom,, Ethnic, ido, Dan barker, Lucky, Fatsherrif, Primux, Hicky, Eugenious- and to all of the leaders of this community who wore the crown at one stage or another, you were here since the beginning and it was a pleasure gaming with you.

Athell, Spankshot, Kimy, Reaper, Digi, Khall, Xani, Grimster, soddit, Dj, Louix, Omar, you were all awesome to game with and I hope you are doing well.
I could spend all day going through the hundreds of people that I gamed with. The stories that we had, the wars that we fought in. I still laugh my **** off at videos on youtube and one of my favorites is listening to grimster come into teamspeak and asking everyone to try to say a nice thing to each other with louix, eugionous, kheebab and omar.

Either way, that’s it from me folks, you can still catch me on facebook if you need me, have a great life.
Nathan
Battlenet: powerpuffter#21980\nSteam: powerpuffters\nOrigin: JEST-Powerpufter
SlowRide
Chatty
Chatty
Planetside 2 Character Name: SlowRide

Re: RE: Powerpuffters signing off

Postby SlowRide » September 16th, 2017, 2:00 pm

Bilowan
Unsocial
Unsocial
Planetside 2 Character Name: Bilowanowa

Re: Powerpuffters signing off

Postby Bilowan » September 28th, 2017, 6:04 pm

o7

I still remember barely knowing anyone in this community and some weird swiss **** coming into the channel and asking people to say nice things, good times.

Hydra is still quite alive btw so the legacy lives on for now :)
Thanks for everything, I found a wonderfull community and quite a few friends. That would have never happened without the jesters.

Oh also **** khall.
hempnight79
Too much to say
Too much to say
Planetside 2 Character Name: hempnight79

Postby hempnight79 » October 2nd, 2017, 11:20 pm

Mate I wish you all the best. Sorry for the Late reply busy AF trying to rebuild some sort of Jesters. Doing good so far. We still fly TheJesters flag proudly in BDO. But, its a shadow of the once great community we had here. I have to thanks you man for some of the best gaming experiences I have ever had with this community and i will miss you dearly.

But dont be a stranger, you have our disc, Im working on trying to keep the TS up so maybe pop on and say hello. even if its just once a year at Christmas/new year :P
FrankyHOE
Over Opinionated
Over Opinionated
Planetside 2 Character Name: FrankyHOE

Postby FrankyHOE » October 13th, 2017, 9:29 pm

Ok, thats fine!

No action any more here!
I´m the only still semi-active guy in Sabre Defence solution!
I will kick everybody, but I got no permission of the founder to close the alliance in Star Citizen!

So if any guy who got admin to Sabre Defence Solution "The Mercs" Acc, you can close it!

I wish you all the best, was a great time with you past years ago!
I will ever remember most of it! It´s a part of my life, and it was a nice part ;)

I´m still in Steam, if anybody likes to play with me!

cu
Franky
no jesters anymore...
hempnight79
Too much to say
Too much to say
Planetside 2 Character Name: hempnight79

Postby hempnight79 » October 22nd, 2017, 2:44 pm

Just too add to this.

I am currently working on getting the TS hosted for free. One of the guys in the BDO guild is a director of a large tech firm and has a server available for our hosting. So TS wise we are set. I havent done anything forum wise as he created us a new one and hosted it for us.

https://jesters.party/

It is very much aimed at the BDO guild atm but community integration for the SC stuff could easily be arranged. Also we have the discord https://discord.gg/Emgru7X if you guys want to come hand out.

I'm trying to keep us alive, clawing at the very last remnants of what we had but yeah its hard. I am still in hope that SC will bring a lot of us together so I wouldnt go closing it down yet franky. The game hasnt even launched as yet, at least keep it as is till we get an official launch date and then decided.
DjTitmasterflex
Antisocial
Antisocial
Planetside 2 Character Name: DJTitmasterflex

Postby DjTitmasterflex » October 27th, 2017, 3:29 am

I can't believe you mentioned me bud. Jesters was a relatively short period of my life, but an amazing one. I enjoyed spending every night with you guys and wouldn't pick any other way to have spent my early 20s. The whole reason I found this post was due to my reminiscing. Miss you all and hope to see each and every one of you again in the future. Be well all.

DJ out.

8==D <3
FrankyHOE
Over Opinionated
Over Opinionated
Planetside 2 Character Name: FrankyHOE

Postby FrankyHOE » October 29th, 2017, 7:47 am

@hempfi:

year, I managed SC since inaktivity of jesters alone... but the founder of Sabre Defence Solution was not me and I do not know who got access to this account!
So if there are some in future, when StarCitizen releases later in 2020 or more, who play with us, will find together!
We can make a new alliance ;)

SDS Members are all kicked out last week! Most of them are inaktive sincs years!
no jesters anymore...
EthnicBadger
Too much to say
Too much to say

Postby EthnicBadger » October 29th, 2017, 10:29 pm

You're all still ****.

Just my kind of ****.
KhanMashIV
Social
Social
Planetside 2 Character Name: KhanMashIV

Postby KhanMashIV » October 29th, 2017, 11:11 pm

Hope life is treating you all well!

I noticed the Star Citizen group was closed, still intending to return out of hibernation upon full release of that game (whenever that may be!)

Lots of love, thanks for the good times :)

Michael

Return to “The Community”